In the City of Mist tabletop role-playing game, ordinary Joes and Janes become the vessels of legendary power, but for some mysterious reason, no-one can see their powers except those who have powers themselves.
You play a ragtag team of investigators with legendary powers, working through detective, action, and drama challenges to uncover supernatural crimes and defeat those responsible.
Roll20 is a virtual tabletop that allows you and a group of players anywhere in the world to play City of Mist online!
Invite your friends to play with you or join one of our free intro games.
- Play by video, voice only, or chat
- Step-by-step introduction to the rules
- Take the role of supernatural detectives
- Investigate your first case, Shark Tank!
- Award-winning art and maps
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is City of Mist a video/mobile game?
No, City of Mist is a tabletop role-playing game that you can play online with friends, using the Roll20 virtual tabletop app.
During the game, you use chat, voice, and/or video to communicate with fellow players and the virtual tabletop to play your characters by rolling dice, moving tokens around the map, and collecting clues - as if you were playing around a table.
If you've ever wanted to try out tabletop role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons, now you can do so without leaving your home. Pick up the Starter Set or join a free intro game.
Do I need a Roll20 account to play?
Yes. A Roll20 account is free and easy to set up. If you don't have an account, you will be asked to sign up when you purchase the City of Mist Starter Set on Roll 20 or join a free intro game.
Where can I find other players to play with?
If you purchase the City of Mist Starter Set on Roll20, you can set up your own game and invite your friends. You can also recruit players on our Facebook group, subreddit, or Discord server.
Alternatively, you can join one of the free intro games run by players from all over the world on Roll20.
If you want to run intro games for store credit, we can help you promote your game.
How much does it cost and what is included?
Joining an intro game is free. The Roll20 account is also free.
If you want to set up your own game, the price for the City of Mist Starter Set module on Roll20 is $14.95.
Everything you need to play City of Mist is included in the set:
- A complete, learn-as-you-play walkthrough for players
- A walkthrough for the Master of Ceremonies (Gamemaster), teaching you how to run the game
- Five player characters sheets:
- Police Detective Enkidu
- Tlaloc the two-bit crook
- Lily Chow the runaway
- Job the priest with a past
- Baku the monster-hunter
- Your first case (scenario), Shark Tank :
- A compelling plot that unfolds as you explore crimes in Miller's Square
- A dozen locations to explore, each with its own NPCs, threats, and clues
- Eight noir-style locations maps
- 24 tokens of the player characters, NPCs, and vital objects
Where can I buy a physical copy of City of Mist?
Check out the shop to see all the game products.
If you purchase the City of Mist Starter Set on Roll20, you also receive a $10 discount on the Starter Box or the Starter Set PDF.