The Player's Guide
Everything you need to create, play, and evolve City of Mist characters.
Hit the rainy streets of an enigmatic metropolis as a modern-day legend in search for the truth. Investigate unsolved cases, uncover the stories of the city residents, and confront the hidden forces pulling the strings from beyond the veil of the Mist. Make hard calls about which aspect of your life to promote and which to neglect; then suffer the consequences. And when it all falls apart, stop holding back and become the unstoppable incarnation of your Mythos...
The Player's Guide includes everything essential for players of City of Mist, both old and new - an introduction to the setting, tools for creating unique modern fantasy characters, the complete cinematic game rules, and a dramatic character development system.
- Play a modern incarnation of your favorite myth, legend, or fairy tale
- Investigate crimes and wrongs committed by other reincarnated legends like you
- Try a stat-less, class-less, hit-point-less system that drives narrative and cinematic action
- Mix and match Themebooks to create countless different characters with unique playability
- Evolve your character’s abilities based on her personal crises and breakthroughs
- Immerse yourself in award-winning art and comics inspired by graphic novels
What's in this book:
- Chapter 1: The Lowdown has the inside scoop on the life of a Rift (a Player Character) and the process of awakening to the legend within you. It also provides an introduction to the City.
- Chapter 2: Who Are You? is a guide to the Exposition Session, in which you and your group create your City of Mist series. It includes the complete character creation system using themebooks (questionnaires), quick character creation options, a system of crew relationships, sample crew themes, and the crew themebook.
- Chapter 3: Working the Case explains the game's cinematic rules system, focusing on the eight core moves, the four cinematic moves (Voiceover Monologue, Flashback, Montage, and Geek Out During Credits) and providing ample optional rules to customize your game.
- Chapter 4: Moments of Truth describes the game’s signature non-linear character development system which drives your character to explore the Mystery of your Mythos and go through dramatic moments of transformation, such as loss of a loved one or gaining new powers.
Allow 5-7 business days for shipping in the US. 5-10 business days elsewhere.
PDF downloads for all books are available on order.
Shipping fees are automatically calculated based on the items you purchase. For more information, read our shipping policy.
This item includes the following downloads:
- The Player's Guide (PDF)
These downloads will become available in your personal downloads page once you complete your purchase.